Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Election Hangover

It's finally over and the results suck. Another four years of Obama is not what we wanted, but that's what we got. We can cry, grieve, get angry, or scream. When we're done with all of that we need to figure out how to keep moving. Elections are a strange two-sided coin. On one side it's all about us, the voters. It's our chance to control what happens in Washington, control our own destiny as Americans. On the other side is our powerlessness. It's the one time every four years where we feel like our voice doesn't matter and we don't know what to do. It's agonizing and stressful, and personally, despite the results, I'm glad it's over. I'm not mad about Obama winning, I'm over that. I'm mad about people's conservative post-election blues.

You can't give up on America and love America at the same time. Every empire is destined to end, and our time might be coming sooner than we had hoped, but that's not reason enough to give up. Our founding fathers didn't think we'd last fifty years, but we've been going strong for over two hundred. Our country was started with a heart-felt fight and if it must end, then it shouldn't end any other way. Mark my words, I will keep fighting for this country until that trumpet calls and even then I won't give up hope.

So how do we keep moving? First, we must recognize that Barack Obama doesn't get a third term. As much as he enjoys walking all over our Constitution nobody in their right mind is going to let him change it. On January 20, 2017, Barack Obama is done and I will throw a party. Cynical the thought may be, but we need something to look forward to. Second, we have got to learn from our mistakes. I love Mitt Romney and I am grateful to him and I stand behind him 100%, but when are we going to learn that picking a moderate gets us nowhere? We picked Mitt Romney not because he was the best man for the job, though I believe he was. We picked him because we believed he had the best chance to beat Obama. That's not enough. The Tea Party owned the 2010 midterm election and it's time to embrace them. Third, the excuses need to stop. Our Republican Party was founded out of the abolition movement. We need to go back to our roots and we need to invade the Democrat plantation because sitting back and watching the liberals destroy the black and Hispanic communities is STUPID. Fourth, we need to own our message. We need to find a better way to present our message and make it stick. Last but not least, we need to destroy the mainstream media. They have betrayed us and betrayed the men and women who died so we could have freedom of the press, and I'll be damned if I'll allow them to cover Obama's ass for another four years. We need to have our Andrew Breitbart moment and declare WAR.

In two years, we're going to go through this all over again with the 2014 midterm elections. We took our eyes off the Senate prize this time, but that's not happening again. Twenty Democrat seats are up for grabs and we need to make them ours. While we're thinking about 2014 we need to think about our prospects for 2016, if only to keep our heads up. More than likely, we're going to hit another recession. Obama has nothing to lose and his agenda is more of the same and Obamacare inevitably will kill jobs. It's going to be a rough four years, and there's nothing wrong with acknowledging that and being fearful of the future, but we're Americans damnit. We will get through it. If we allow ourselves to be defeated then we may as well surrender our country and all we've worked hard to build. Relinquishing our rights, values, and strengths as Americans will destroy this country before Obama will.

My message to my fellow conservatives is this: Grieve if you must, but don't give up! Never give up.

7 comments:

  1. Great blog! I agree with you 100%. But it's hard not to feel powerless. The media is going to cover Obama's butt no matter what he does. He walks on water, and unless you watch Fox News the average American has no idea what's really going on.
    I'm holding on until 2014 and I hope we see significant change. From there it's another two years...I just hope we have a military left by then. For the first time I feel afraid inside the borders of my own country because of Obama's foreign policy and the alliances he's building. I'm convinced that there is more to Benghazi than just trying to cover the fact that Al Qaeda is NOT on its heels. I'm afraid it's much more sinister than that. I hope I'm wrong.
    Looking forward to reading more of your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just sent the link to twitchy's layoff article to this Obama supporter's tumblr. Wonder how she'll react to it. (BTW... I love your blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great msg....Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to help, but we need a general. The GOP ain't it. Even under Michael Steele, minority outreach (I hate that term) sucked.

    What can a conservative family man, with no particular political voice or gifts, do to help? I do believe we can do this, but it will take leadership that republicans haven't had since Reagan.

    On a related note,am I correct in my belief that Reagan also was not a GOP choice? GOP pushed Ford in 76, and GHWB in 80. Reagan got in through force of will and personal charisma. I bring it up to point out that the GOP has been letting us down for far longer than I've been alive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!!! Thank you for this perspective. I will keep fighting the good fight, and I DO still believe in America.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Started following you on Twitter today and checked out your blog. I really needed to read this today. I posted a blog not too long ago but I expressed how I had lost faith in our country and our people. That is NOT the attitude I (or anyone) should have. So thank you for posting this and reminding me of what it means to be an American.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Savvy! Thanks for the wonderful message, yes it's been a terribly depressing week as the Left dances on what it thinks will be our grave, and there is even much talk of secession -- although I'm sure it IS only talk. I always get a lift out of your words and find you a very inspirational writer, and I MEAN I think you are inspired in the spiritual way as well.

    Keep up the good work, keep the faith, baby, as they used to say, and again, thank you for having the courage to speak out as you do. After the vicious hatestorm loosed on black Republicans and conservatives these last couple months, I can hardly imagine the grief you must endure sometimes. I only hope you are not taking too much heat personally, and encourage you to hold fast and give back as good as you get if you are!

    What I've found most discouraging personally is not just the thought that I'm not sure I want to live in a country governed by this person, but the thought that I'm not sure I want to live in a country that would even re-elect him. You get what I'm trying to say, right? That we've gone so far a majority of us think he's really THAT good! Oh, gotta fly, late, God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment and tell me what you think! But be careful! Comments are moderated, and if you have something vile and nasty to say, I will put you on blast. I am a woman of my word :)