Monday, September 10, 2012

We've Heard it All Before (2012 DNC Edition)

I listened to Obama's speech at the DNC on Thursday night and, like many Americans, I was disappointed. I heard a lot of promises and goals (hiring more teachers, cutting tuition in half), but no way of getting there. Obama and his people spent a great deal of time criticizing Romney for not presenting a clear plan at the RNC, but Obama didn't give a plan either. To me, the speech came off as a regurgitated 2008 speech, but without the soaring rhetoric. Truthfully, it reminded me why I didn't vote for him in the first place. Apparently, I'm not the only one who thought his speech sounded old. The RNC has updated their "We've Heard it All Before" ad comparing old 2008 speeches with Obama's latest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and tell me what you think! But be careful! Comments are moderated, and if you have something vile and nasty to say, I will put you on blast. I am a woman of my word :)