Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Right and Wrong

Was it only two weeks ago Ambassador Chris Stevens was killed? So much has gone on it feels like it happened last year. I've been trying to wrap my head around the events and make sense of the administration's reaction, but I still can't put it into the right words. Truthfully, I don't understand it. I don't understand it because I think in terms of black and white. Right and wrong. Holy and sin. No grays. When doing the right thing makes the most sense, my brain has a hard time comprehending a person's actions when they blatantly do the wrong thing, like our administration dodging the truth about Libya. Our President and his administration have been lying to us regarding Libya, and I don't understand why. I do believe it's to protect him in an election year so he can keep his job, but at what expense? It's not enough for me to know without understanding it.

Last week, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney finally said it is "self evident that what happened in Benghazi was a terrorist attack". It was "self-evident" for most Americans when it happened. It only took him a week and a half, but better late than never. Jay Carney finding the light is much better than Ambassador Susan Rice (who we never see) telling everyone the video did it. I, for one, enjoy the irony of watching these people scramble for the right words after they scolded Mitt Romney for "jumping the gun". Turns out, Mitt Romney was right. It's an "ongoing investigation" they tell us. Not enough evidence to conclusively call it a terrorist attack. Let me tell you something: You don't need a full deck of cards to call a spade a spade.

While the rest of Washington is starting to slowly accept reality, Obama is still trying to blame the video. Today, he addressed the U.N. and said this:

"And that is what we saw play out in the last two weeks, where a crude and disgusting video sparked outrage throughout the Muslim world.  Now, I have made it clear that the United States government had nothing to do with this video, and I believe its message must be rejected by all who respect our common humanity.  It is an insult not only to Muslims, but to America as well."
I don't know what's worse: Him blaming the video in front of the U.N. or him blaming the video period. It's appalling, but, worse than that, it makes us look like our foundations are cracking. It makes us look fearful and weak, when we should be angry and strong. Is this country standing on a shaky ground? You can't denounce this video, use it as a pawn in the blame game AND defend free speech, but he manages to do it. If the outrage in the Middle East is solely because of this video (which it isn't) then our response regarding this video should be "So what?" But he won't do that. Why? That's what I don't get. What good does it serve to blame the outrage on the video? Does he think it'll stop people from burning our flag, killing our diplomats and our troops, or stop them from making threats? His responsibility is to the American people, not the Middle East. The rest of the world should have a healthy dose of fear and a large amount of respect for the United States of America. Other than that, who gives a damn what they think. Apologizing to the Middle East and blaming it on this movie is a spit in the face to the men who fought and died for our Independence and the men and women who fight and die to keep it. Now, I know this man enjoys the title more than he enjoys the job and he will say and do anything to keep it, but he must know that throwing our first amendment under the bus to cool the boiling blood in another country is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and tell me what you think! But be careful! Comments are moderated, and if you have something vile and nasty to say, I will put you on blast. I am a woman of my word :)