Monday, September 3, 2012

Condoleezza Rice at the RNC

Screw Oprah! Without a doubt, Condoleezza Rice is the most successful black woman in this country! She's smarter than anyone I've ever met, well versed in foreign affairs, and she can speak Russian (which is so random). When she speaks she has an eloquence and a power in her voice and all you can do is listen. I was liberal for most of Bush's presidency and for whatever reason it never dawned on me she was a Republican. All I knew was that Bush's "right hand man" was a black woman and I thought Bush was cool for that. When I finally realized she was a Republican, my liberal brain thought she was different and heroic and I loved her that much more.

What Condoleezza Rice teaches us is that there's no excuse. Where you come from doesn't define where you're going, and no one's stopping you but you. America isn't what it used to be. We've let our financial troubles control us Her speech at the Republican National Convention was jaw dropping and inspiring, so take a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and tell me what you think! But be careful! Comments are moderated, and if you have something vile and nasty to say, I will put you on blast. I am a woman of my word :)