Thursday, June 28, 2012

Tax By Any Other Name


"The Affordable Care Act's requirement that certain individuals pay a financial penalty for not obtaining health insurance may reasonably be characterized as a tax."
 - Chief Justice Roberts, June 28, 2012

Obama got the "Affordable" Care Act through by calling it a penalty and not a tax. Lawyers went into the Supreme Court and argued it as a tax, and that's why we're dealing with this today.

This isn't rocket science, ladies and gentlemen. Call a spade a spade!

2 comments:

  1. On the plus side, if the Republicans win a simple majority in the Senate this November, they can repeal it through the reconciliation process, since the mandate is now a "Tax," it's a tax bill, and can be altered with just 51 votes instead of 60.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Savannah! I just found your blog from your posts on Twitter and I love it!! I'm from Chicago so I see firsthand the consistent failures of liberal politics. You gained a new follower, and I'm excited to read future blog posts!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment and tell me what you think! But be careful! Comments are moderated, and if you have something vile and nasty to say, I will put you on blast. I am a woman of my word :)